RARA-AVIS: Margaret Millar's "A Stranger in my Grave"

From: harry.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca
Date: 25 Dec 2007

Hello All,

I was recently on a business trip to Florence, Italy by way of Glasgow.
  I had a one night layover in Glasgow and in my wanderings through this charming city I stumbled upon an antiquarian bookshop called
"Caledonia Books".

In this shop I came across three Margaret Millar titles. Now, apart from the fact she was married to Ross MacDonald, I know nothing about her or her work. Thus erring on the side of conservatism I picked up only one of them: "A Stranger in my Grave".

Did I pick one of her better offerings? Will it be indicative of the nature and quality of her other books?

Thanks in advance for any and all info and advice.

Happy Holidays!!!

Harry