RARA-AVIS: Re: Allan Guthrie's Top 200 Noirs

From: Curt Purcell ( curtpurcell@hotmail.com)
Date: 22 Dec 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Eric Chambers <nqexile@...> wrote:

> but for me there are just too many 87th Precinct books. Like
Gardner's Perry Masons, they are all likely very good, but I'm not in a hurry to find out. They will wait till I'm away from home with nothing else to read and I find them in a Library or bookshop. And then I know I will enjoy them. Life is too short and there are too many other flavors out there to try.

Those 87th precinct novels are like popcorn or potato chips for me--hard to stop with just one! Though I've not read any single one that I'd consider great, it's a fun series to get into for however many installments at a time as you feel like.