RARA-AVIS: In Case You Missed My Library Talk . . .

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Dec 2007

Back in Ocotober, I gave a series of library presentations in Chicago's south suburbs about THE MALTESE FALCON as part of one of those
"one-community/one-book" events. For those of you in Rara-Avis who weren't able to come to any of those talks (and that includes all of you), you might be interested in my latest "I Like 'Em Tough" column in MYSTERICAL-E, which you can find here:

http://www.mystericale.com/index.php?issue=current_issue&body=file&file=like_em_tough.htm

As with one of my talks, I trace the short story roots of Hammett's novel.

Most of this is probably stuff the bulk of R/A is already familiar with, but if you're not acquainted with Hammett's short work, and particularly with his Continental Op series, and its affects on FALCON, you might find it interesting.

JIM DOHERTY

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs