RARA-AVIS: Down these clean streets....

From: Terry Sanford ( mbtbone@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Dec 2007

I am so ready for Christmas! My number one gift request is for bookstore gift cards for more murder and mayhem to grace my shelves.

Here in the burbs my neighbors have jumped on the latest fad in holiday decorating, lighted inflatable figures. Not to worry, those crab grass fighters are energy-conscious and turn off their figures during the day. So during daylight drives through the neighborhood, it looks like a sprawling series of crime scenes.

Is that a deflated snowman or a bloodless, corpulent corpse? A flat Santa or bloodied, mutilated body? Another holiday figure or a pale cadaver with a bloody, bashed-in head?

Thanks neighbors. And Merry Christmas to the Rare Birds to whom it applies.

Terry Sanford

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs