Re: RARA-AVIS: Allan Guthrie's Top 200 Noirs

From: decastro3 ( decastro3@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Dec 2007

> here's alist of
> authors/series that I want to like, but don't just yet:
>
> Ian Rankin
> Robert Crais
> T. Jefferson Parker
> McBain's The 57th Precinct Series (Candyland is the only one I've
> finished.)
> Giles Blunt
> Ed Dee

I love Ed Dee's work, and wish he was more prolific. I'm with you on Rankin, Crais, McBain, and to some degree Blunt. I read Black Fly Season, it was OK...I don't if I even want to like him, his prose is pretty wooden IMO. Never had any interest to read a T. Jefferson Parker.

My want to love, but don't yet list includes (along with yours that I've already mentioned):

> Anyone else have a similar list?

Dennis Lehane George Pelecanos

Tony