RARA-AVIS: Frank Morgan, RIP

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 20 Dec 2007

Frank Morgan is one of Michael Connelly's favorite jazzmen. Connelly used Morgan's two numbers in his DARK SACRED NIGHT cd (with purchase of LOST LIGHT), and Morgan provided the music for the BLUE NEON NIGHT dvd (with purchase of THE NARROWS) and for the ECHO PARK video on YouTube with George Cable.

Jiro Kimura

>Posted by: "bobav1" <> rav7@COLUMBIA.EDU
><http://profiles.yahoo.com/bobav1> bobav1
>Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 am (PST)
>I thought of posting something to the list when I heard of Frank
>Morgan's death, even though he wasn't a writer. He lived a true
>hardboiled life, but over the years I saw, heard, and briefly talked
>with him, he was simply a beautiful human being, and his music affects
>me deeply. He did not have a noir end - his art transcended his troubles.
>
>But Mark's right that those who play with the facade and take on the
>trappings (with the hip or gangster life in any time or place) are
>seldom fortunate.

Jiro Kimura
e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp
The Gumshoe Site: <http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/>