Re: RARA-AVIS: My take on Block

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 19 Dec 2007

Curt wrote:

"Ah--thanks for that reply Mark! Considering your criticisms, I'd have to agree with them, and yet even looking back in light of them, I can't say I dislike DH that much."

I may have overstated my dislike of Deadly Honeymoon. After all, I did finish it. That said, it did ring false to me, unlike The Ax. It's kind of interesting that both of these "ordinary people pushed to violent solutions" books were conceived by Westlake. He abandoned the first, but brilliantly finished the second.

Mark