Re: RARA-AVIS: My take on Block

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 17 Dec 2007

Curt wrote:

"Sorry I'm returning late to this discussion, but what does everyone dislike so much about DEADLY HONEYMOON?"

It's been some time since I read it, but I found the premise too much of a coincidence (bad guys come in and make a new husband watch while they rape his new, virgin wife just before he was about to bed her for the very first time). I didn't buy it that the bad guys would then leave them alive. I found the pair too competent in their quest to track down the bad guys and dole out revenge. VERY SLIGHT SPOILER And I didn't buy their being unaffected by that quest (Westlake, on the other hand, handled normal people committing violence, then being able to put it behind them very believably in The Ax). VERY SLIGHT SPOILER OVER There have been other Blocks that didn't do much for me, but this is the only one of his I can think of that I actively dislike.

Mark