RARA-AVIS: Re: Dirty Snow

From: mburch5717 ( mburch5717@AOL.com)
Date: 17 Dec 2007

Hi Mark,

Isn't Simenon great? I discovered his tough novels a few months ago and went crazy over them.

I also had the exact same bibliographic question you asked which resulted in typically great responses from the connoiseurs on this list.

Look in the archieves for Al Guthrie's note on Sept 24. I remember that he put me onto a very good bibliography on Simenon's romans dur. It doesn't have all the info you want but it is really good.

Also check out Richard Moore's note on Sept 25 about avoiding the translations by Geoffrey Sainsbury who, unfortunately, translated a fair number of Simenon's into English.

I saw recently that NY REview Books just bought out another tough Simenon.

Happy reading.

Mike