Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: A Whiff of Sulphur -- Eureka!

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 13 Dec 2007

Pope Jim wrote:

"First of all, apologies to all here who are heartily sick and tired of this subject."

To quote Stephen Colbert, "I accept your apology!"

"I sympathize and, in fact, am getting heartily sick of it myself."

And yet here we are.

"Much of what I'm about to say, you've all heard a time or two already, so you can probably just skip this."

Or five. Or fifteen. Or one hundred and fifty...

"May I suggest (and this isn't aimed at Eric, whose question is framed in a courteous manner) that if there's anyone left on R/A who still wants a further explanation of my views, you contact me off-list?"

Amen.

Now let me just find that shovel and start filling the hole up, since the pony's expired, the hole is dug, the corpse of this conversation is in the grave, and it's time to finish burying it.

Yeehaw!!! The subject's dead!

Brian