RARA-AVIS: Re: My Ellroy boredom

From: decastro3 ( decastro3@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Dec 2007

> But I really loved the LA quartet, especially THE BIG NOWHERE.
> Juri

Someone mentioned on the list that at some point Ellroy would put it all together and knock our socks off... I think with the Big Nowhere, he already did this. Really loved the book, and need to re-read it, as I read it something like 10 years ago. I really disliked White Jazz. Ellroy was trying on a new style, and I don't think he had it altogether yet...but it came through pretty well in American Tabloid.
 I see it listed as his "masterpiece." But I still that title going Nowhere. Haven't read the Cold Six Thousand.

BTW, first post, my name is Tony. Big fan of Chandler, the two MacDonalds, and of recent novelists - Block, Burke, and Loren Estleman.

Tony