RARA-AVIS: Re: SLIDE by Starr and Bruen

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Dec 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "cptpipes2000" <cptpipes@...> wrote:

> I had a nice time reading the sequel to BUST this afternoon.
>
> I like the way Starr and Bruen have a comedy/noir series going with
> these characters. The winks and in-jokes make it fun as well.

Unbelievably, I have BOTH on my to be read list. My downfall was that I started rereading Fernand Braudel's mammoth 3-volume study of history, in part to try to understand the crisis in light of other crises. Braudel is impossible to put down (he writes like Truman Capote, if Capote had been a historian). But this Christmas break, Bruen and Starr will get their due.

Best, and apologies to all the authors whose books keep piling up.

mrt