Re: RARA-AVIS: Kiss Me Deadly

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Dec 2007

--- Patrick King < abrasax93@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Not to be contentious, but when you have mimes
> miming
> a tennis game at the end of a movie, that is NOT
> subtle. I don't think there's anything subtle about
> Blow-Up.

Oh, please. First off, Tony Richardson and Lindsay Anderson and just about every other Kitchen Sink creator took more from the Italian Neo-Realists than film noir. (Even if Visconti's Osseione did kick off the neo-realist movement.) Blow Up may not be subtle to you but then maybe the subtleness escaped you. Antonioni isn't known for brash Wellesian flourishes
(if that's what you said) and maybe that's what got you down, bunkie.

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs