RARA-AVIS: Casablanca, noir?

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 09 Dec 2007

In a message dated 12/9/07 5:34:36 AM, kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com writes:

> Hmmm... it does have a darkness about it, and certainly uses many of
> the common stylistic touches of the day that have since become
> associated almost exclusively with film noir, but I'm not sure
> CASABLANCA qualifies as noir in the sense most people here understand
> the term. I love the film myself, but I don't think of it as noir.

Casablanca is a romantic drama. it's The English Patient with a sense of humor and a classic ending. it's only resemblance to anything noir is Bogart's presence, b&w cinematography and the occasional gun being flashed

John Lau

************************************** Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.

( http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)