RARA-AVIS: Re: The Long Goodbye discussion

From: Craig Larson ( CLarson@nhcc.edu)
Date: 09 Dec 2007

> I personally would have liked to have seen the Bogdanovich version. I don't

> feel that Altman's has much to do with either Chandler or Marlowe, but I

> like it. I'm just tired of it being beaten to death by by three or four

> people who apparently would be happy to argue its worth until this list

> drifts off into the DorothyL zone.

> Dick Lochte

Echoing Dick's point, I'd like to suggest that the merits of the film version of Altman's The Long Goodbye be the first entry in the Rara-Avis "forbidden topics" list, ala DorothyL.

Craig Larson Maple Grove, MN

Craig Larson Library North Hennepin Community College 7411 85th Ave N Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
(763) 424-0733