Re: RARA-AVIS: A Whiff of Sulphur -- Eureka!

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 07 Dec 2007

> OK, I'll bite. Are you saying that Kiss Me, Deadly
> *is* an essential film noir?
>
> William

I'll say it--"Kiss Me Deadly" has to be considered essential film noir, and if I were making a list of my 10 favorite film noir movies this one would be near the top, maybe one or two positions behind "The Third Man".

About Altman's "The Long Goodbye" being disrespectful, how? By Altman making a movie that many critics and film goers consider a great movie? By trying to make Marlowe relevant to current times?

--Dave Z.