RARA-AVIS: Re: A Whiff of Sulphur...

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Dec 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark R. Harris"
<brokerharris@...> wrote:

> I think we have probably reached the point of diminishing returns,
since I
> don't agree with your premises, wording, definitions, or
conclusions, and
> you don't with mine. Our points of view are sufficiently aired at this
> point.

I agree with this. The two positions are clear to the audience. If the controversy leads more people to Chandler, especially his wonderful short stories, then the net effect is positive. And in the meantime, living with unresolved differences of opinion is the norm, not the exception. Just ask anyone who's married.

Best,

mrt