RARA-AVIS: Re: A Whiff of Sulphur...

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Dec 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith <kvnsmith@...> wrote:

> Who, then, should be sent to hard-boiled hell? And why?
>
> (Writing an occasional bad book or movie or whatever shouldn't be a
> grievous enough sin).

Hell has been traditionally reserved for the Bad Poet... I know nothing about qualifications for prose writers. Some bad writers turn out to be good, or even geniuses, after they die, so perhaps a few centuries are needed in order to sift... And writing a bad book is a very minor thing. It happens all the time. It's not like intentionally selling poisonous food.

Best,

mrt