RARA-AVIS: A Whiff of Sulphur...

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 02 Dec 2007

Jim wrote:

> Point taken. I didn't know he'd passed recently or I wouldn't have
> made that joke

Gee, maybe you'll burn in hell for making it.

How noir...

But I'm not sure, with all the likely candidates out there in crime fiction, that Altman's the best candidate for a quick trip south. All he did was make a movie Jim didn't like.

Who, then, should be sent to hard-boiled hell? And why?

(Writing an occasional bad book or movie or whatever shouldn't be a grievous enough sin).

Kevin Burton Smith Thrilling Detective Web Site Fall 2007 Issue New fiction from Helms, Blackmoore, Alexander, Harwood and SPILLANE!