RARA-AVIS: Re: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, the movie

From: demack5@comcast.net
Date: 02 Dec 2007

I had an interesting response to this movie--I thought it was excellent, faithful to the book (right up to the abrupt, non-Hollywood end) and the acting was great all around--especially Tommy Lee Jones as the sheriff. I enjoyed it. Still, I felt reading the book was a slightly "better" experience.

Maybe I preferred the experience of "hearing" McCarthy's prose in my own head to seeing someone else's depiction, no matter how good it was. I don't know.

Thing is, I don't always feel this way about books made into movies. Sometimes, movies can be much better than the books on which they're based. Odd.

Debbi

--
Debbi Mack
IDENTITY CRISIS