RARA-AVIS: Re: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, the movie

From: Rob Kantner ( rob@9sg.com)
Date: 02 Dec 2007

I have yet to read the book. The movie makes me want to. After being momentarily taken aback by the ending (I had the programmed expectation), I've ended up admiring it. The ending is amply foreshadowed by earlier episodes of the film. All around, I thought the film was exceptional. Certainly not for everyone, but for craftsmanship alone at all levels it's worth a look. I'd see it again myself today if I could.

</rob kantner> Ben Perkins in "Final Fling": www.robkantner.com