Re: RARA-AVIS: John Ridley

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 28 Nov 2007

-----Original Message-----

I believe John Ridley wrote the novel after he sold the screenplay to Stone in a (very smart) attempt to capitalize on the movie deal. That's probably why they are so very, very similar. It's sort of a novelization disguised as a novel. He got a hardcover deal out of it, so I think his ploy worked pretty well.