RE: RARA-AVIS: John Ridley

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 28 Nov 2007

Best books by him are STRAY DOGS, EVERYBODY SMOKES IN HELL and LOVE IS A RACKET. Beyond those three initial books which fit squarely in the noir mode, his material began to stray into all sorts of directions...no path of which I chose to follow, except for THE DRIFT, which had certain elements of Goodis-like desperation that made it fairly compelling.

Ron C.