Re: RARA-AVIS: Burroughs'

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2007

Some discussions here remind me of the bad old days of Usenet: long arguments between two people, with quotes and counterquotes, posturing, a real investment in getting the last word in, in being right... that is not what Rara Avis is about. While we obviously don't want to disseminate inaccurate information, this is not a scholarly journal or seminar, and neither is it a classroom. It is a conversation space. And with nearly 600 members, inaccuracies usually get sorted out quickly and amiably. In order to make a factual correction, one doesn't need to put down other posters. You just make the correction and that's it.

Hardboiled and noir discussion is like sex: you need technique, you need experience, but most of all you need to be relaxed. Without this last ingredient, it doesn't work.

Best,

mrt