Re: RARA-AVIS: Language and storytelling

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 25 Nov 2007

In a message dated 11/25/07 4:13:25 PM, cptpipes@hotmail.com writes:

> p.s. to Lau: Winslow is terrific. The Power of the Dog is the best
> book I've read in the past few years and The Winter of Frankie Machine
> is not far behind.

thanks. the one in my queue is The Death and Life of Bobby Z, which I believe precedes the two you mention as part of a trilogy? at least, that's what I gleaned from reading the blurbs at Borders. otherwise I would've just bought Power of the Dog

Connelly's The Overlook was a roaring train of momentum, and pretty short @ 200 and a few pages for a contemporary thriller. very easy to read in one day. the bonus chapter he has on his website was superfluous

just started Crais' The Watchman

John Lau

************************************** Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.

( http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)