Re: RARA-AVIS: Language and storytelling

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Nov 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote: I haven't read much McCarthy, but liked his voice in
> The Road, but just could not get into Blood Meridian (yeah, I know, it's
> great and I should try again; someday I may).

I guess it depends on how readers first come upon McCarthy's work. The first thing I read was precisely Blood Meridian, which blew me away, as it did later on rereading. I think The Road is as good as BM, but quite different stylistically (different plotting tricks, even different sense of time).

Best,

mrt