Re: RARA-AVIS: Language and storytelling

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 22 Nov 2007

Terry wrote:

"Lately I've been ping-pang-ponging between Cormac McCarthy, Raymond Chandler, and Ken Bruen to the tune of eight books in the last week. The differences stylistically are amazing."

Terry, if you feel so inclined, I'd like to hear a bit more on the differences you found. Bruen alone has stylistic differences in his own catalog, the Brant books, for instance, read very different from his early standalones. I haven't read much McCarthy, but liked his voice in The Road, but just could not get into Blood Meridian (yeah, I know, it's great and I should try again; someday I may).

Mark