RARA-AVIS: Re: Allan Guthrie's Top 200 Noirs

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Nov 2007

Thanks for the link. It looks like Allan has a very similar taste to mine, at least when it comes to the old stuff. I would include more Ellroy, Harrington, Highsmith, more Starr, and also it looks like Allan is including Leonard's _The Switch_ in the noir genre, whereas I consider it hardboiled but not noir. But it's a great list, from which I've read almost everything, curiously. I don't think the hardboiled vs. noir quibblefest has much of a future.

Best,

mrt