RARA-AVIS: Who's better? Hammett and James

From: Jack Bludis ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Nov 2007

Patrick King said, "Who's "better" and what makes them
"better" may not be a very valuable discussion."

He is probably right about that, whether considering Hammett and James or James and Hemingway or Cain and Hammett--or any two writers.

"Better" is absolutely subjective. With some of the kudos thrown at James (Vicki and Patrick) I think I may actually try to read THE AMBASSADORS again. I had to read it in a college course, but that was under duress. Too many people whose opinions I respect have brought him up lately.

Jack Bludis

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs