Re: RARA-AVIS: The Curse of the Jade Scorpion

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 21 Nov 2007

-----Original Message-----

I finally saw this movie just last week (Netflix!). I also assumed that Woody's point of reference was the pulps (or at the very least the B movies and serials of the thirties and forties). It seemed like a comic riff on any number of Shadow, Avenger, or Weird Tales stories. The feel of the movie reminded me a bit of Allen's RADIO DAYS (which I liked even more than CJS).