Re: RARA-AVIS: Newton Thornburg

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 20 Nov 2007

-----Original Message-----

Couldn't agree with you more, mrt. Thornburg is a true original. A terrific writer who appears to be nearly forgotten now. I know CUTTER AND BONE was reissued about a decade ago, but I think most of his other books are now out of print. Someone should come along and do trade paperbacks of all of them and get this guy the attention he deserves.

Thornburg didn't much like the movie made from CUTTER AND BONE, but it's on my top five movies of all time list. And it's how I discovered him as a writer. I think both the movie and the book are stone cold classics.