RARA-AVIS: Blind Spot

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Nov 2007

As a fine author and American, I've been trying to overcome my Woolrich blind spot. I've read four or five of his books, and some of them I've liked in spite of the outrageous coincidences. Can't say I'll ever warm up to I Married a Dead Man, though. Really didn't like that one.

On the other hand, Robert Skinner's books are well worth looking for. Great stuff, and, I think, in the pulp tradition. I've been trying to talk Bob into getting back into the writing game, so far without much luck (about as much as I've had with Richard Moore). Bob's doing a little nonfiction for Firsts magazine, though.

Bill Crider