RARA-AVIS: Newton Thornburg

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Nov 2007

I just reread his masterpiece _Cutter and Bone_, after finding it in a box of miscellaneous crime stuff. This has got to be one of the best hardboiled novels of all time. This second time around it seemed even better. I am going to have to revise my Top Ten to include it. It deserves it. And the other Thornburgs are not far behind: not a prolific author but one who worked at a very high level. You can file Thornburg with Willeford, he's that good.

Best,

mrt