RARA-AVIS: Re: THE BLACK LIZARD BIG BOOK OF PULPS

From: Mark D. Nevins ( nevins_mark@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2007

I was hefting this book recently in a shop, and while I like the contents a lot, the book itself struck me as borderline unreadable: it's large and heavy, and with a soft cover it kind of flops around in your hands. (And I should note I'm a large man with big hands.)

The text is in double columns, and along with the size and unwieldiness, this strikes me as a book to be read at a table, certainly not a carry-along for the daily commute on the NYC subway.

But it's a nice collection. It makes a strong case to consider getting one of those Sony eReaders . . .

Mark Nevins