Re: RARA-AVIS: The Not-So-Long Goodbye

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 16 Nov 2007

New listowners, please excuse my metadiscussion, but I would like to go on record as saying that I hope Jim comes back. He is a font of knowledge on PI and police novels. His unswervable convictions on certain topics can be tiresome, but he definitely has a sense of humour and of his own fallibility.

I don't mind a little digression, in fact, it can be fun. What I definitely don't like is all the aggressive one-up-manship we've been seeing the past few months. We're here for a discussion, preferably friendly. Snide (not to be confused with humorous) remarks are out of place. People should try waiting until the next day before sending an irate reply to a post.

Karin