Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The "Average" Reader, and What Should Be Done to Them

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 Nov 2007

MEH wrote:

"But sad to say, from what I've seen on a variety of boards and email lists dedicated to Edgar RIce Burroughs, Robert E. Howard, H. P. Lovecraft, and Sword and Sorcery fiction, there are very vocal people out there who accept anything in the genre or any pastiche and believe its all good."

But that's a difference of taste, not level of engagement. I was just pointing out that being entertained is not necessarily, is not usually, a passive pursuit.

Mark