Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: No off-topic politics here, please! [Re: Chandler's The Lady in

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 15 Nov 2007

-----Original Message-----

Jim, I've always taken your rants about being perfect as schtick, but with that last one even I was beginning to wonder. You're writing has a great poker face.

>My presence seems to threaten the collegiality that
>has always marked this list, so perhaps it would be
>best if I dropped off.
>
>This is not a case of "If you can't take honest
>disagreement, I'll go find a list that can."
>
>This is a case of, "I seem to be a flashpoint for
>unpleasant controversy, and I don't want to be the
>reason this list devolves into constant flaming."

Doherty, you are not allowed to leave this asylum. You've been placed here by forces beyond your control. You can't just sign out and walk away. (Although I guess you could smother MrT with a pillow then pick up the giant sink and throw it through the wire mesh covered windows if you really want to escape.)