RARA-AVIS: Ronald Rabbit is a Dirty Old Man

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2007

Sometime in 1972 or 1973, I got one of those Marboro remainder catalogs in the mail. Going through it, I saw the title of this book, followed by "L. Block." That was all. I was fan of Lawrence Block's paperbacks, and while this title didn't sound like any of them, and while I wasn't sure that L. Block was really the guy whose work I liked, I decided to take a chance. The book was only a buck, but that was no small thing to me in those days. I was happy to find out that I'd indeed gotten a book by the right Block when the book arrived, and I was even happier when I read it. Richard's right: It's hilarious. I haven't read it in more than 30 years, but I suspect that it's held up very well.

Bill Crider