Re: RARA-AVIS: Before the Devil Knoiws You're Dead (was Re: No Country for Old Men [the movie])

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2007

--- BaxDeal@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/13/07 5:37:15 PM,
> abrasax93@yahoo.com writes:
>

> > Okay, but PULP FICTION actually used the same
> > sequencing trick Jarmusche used in MYSTERY TRAIN.
> As
> > far as I know, that sequencing angle: showing the
> > climactic moment from two or more different points
> of
> > view and ending it on the indirect one, is unique
> > Jarmusche.
> >

> it is however, a common technique in novels.
> Elmore Leonard does it, or at
> least used to. Eugene Izzi made a career out of it

********************************************** Yes, I agree with you on this. As I've said earlier, the movie, PULP FICTION, owes also a great deal in terms of plot, characters & dialogue to Elmore Leonard. It's actually a brilliant take-off of his work.

Patrick King

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/