RARA-AVIS: Re:I, FATTY by Jerry Stahl

From: Right Guy ( rightguy60@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2007

Been a couple weeks since I've had time to catch up on my RA digests but saw the Stahl title and had to chime in with my 2ยข: I, FATTY easily the best work JS has put forward, far as his novels / published works go
(he's out there striking I imagine with the rest of the guild presently, butter for the majority of his bread coming currently from the CSI series).

IN I,F Stahl pulls off a nifty ventriloquist act by adopting the progenitor's voice and blowing through a well researched, as close as you're gonna get, factual account from humble start to rise-to-fall to rise again with all the in-betweens.

Came out three years ag0 and it was very much the best book I'd read that year.

Arbuckle's life plenty hard-boiled and Stahl's book should be compulsory reading for those subscribing to this list...

-Peter http://www.yourfleshmag.com/