RARA-AVIS: Thrilling Detective and The Back Alley new issues

From: Richard Helms ( Racerick75@aol.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2007

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a short story in the new issue of Thrilling Detective ( www.thrillingdetective.com ). It's called "The Gospel According To Gordon Black", and it's an Eamon Gold PI story - the protag from my books GRASS SANDAL and CORDITE WINE (the latter was nominated for the Shamus Award in 2006)

In addition, the second issue of my own hardboiled/noir webzine THE BACK ALLEY will go live NEXT MONDAY (November 19). The first issue, featuring stories from G. Miki Hayden, Stephen D. Rogers, Jack Bludis, and some guy who calls himself Eric Shane (but looks a lot like me) has had over 13000 hits since it went live at the end of June.

The new issue features Keith Gilman, who won the PWA/St. Martin's Best First PI Novel competition this year; Bryon Quertermous, the editor of Demolition Ezine; Megan Powell, the editor of Shred of Evidence Ezine; and two new authors named Warren Bull and John Weagly, who are very exciting. We're also beginning a serialization of Frank Norris's classic naturalistic noir novel McTEAGUE.

You can catch all the action at www.backalleywebzine.com - and remember, we're still the only all-digital mystery webzine paying the MWA minimum $25 per story, and hope to become the first all- electronic medium to be accepted by MWA as a Qualified Publisher. R

Richard Helms www.richardhelms.net THE BACK ALLEY WEBZINE www.backalleywebzine.com