RARA-AVIS: Re: E W Hornung.

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Nov 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jess Nevins <jjnevins@...> wrote:
 forgotten.

> It's even worse for the mid-listers. Consider T. Arthur Plummer.
> As I wrote here:
... And now? He's not even a footnote.

And how about George Harmon Coxe? I don't think a single book of his has been in print in recent times. Maybe he wasn't such a hot writer, but he did much respectable work in the PI genre... and today you wouldn't even know he existed. And we have already discussed the case of Thomas Dewey, condemned to being forgotten 99% of the time. He was a very good writer, perhaps more than that, with some works approaching classic status, but no matter...

Best,

mrt