RARA-AVIS: Re: No Country for Old Men (the movie)

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 09 Nov 2007

Terrill Lankford wrote:

> Still, it's well worth seeing. I think rara may be able to engange in
a long discussion about a movie being TOO faithful to the source material once enough of us have seen this one.

I would argue about it being well worth seeing. The last half hour dissolves into one of the biggest piles of pretentious crud any movie has given us in years and was interminable (at least to me). Btw. I'm a huge Coen Brothers fan, I even liked The Lady Killers (and I might be the only one!) but this was an absolute waste of 2+ hours.

--Dave Zeltserman