Re: RARA-AVIS: No Country for Old Men (the movie)

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 09 Nov 2007

Thanks for posting this link, Ed. I have to say that actors names aside, I felt exactly about the book the way Mr. Hunter feels about the movie, beginning with this statement:

"I appreciate "No Country for Old Men" for the skill in the film craft. I understand "No Country for Old Men" for its penetrating disquisition on narrative conventions and its heroic will in subverting them. I admire "No Country for Old Men" for the way it tightens its grip as it progresses, taking us deeper and deeper into a hellish world.

I just don't like it very much."

Amen.

Brian