Re: RARA-AVIS: Raccoons OT Gary Disher

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 08 Nov 2007

Robert wrote:

"I know this is OT for raccoons, but has anyone ever read an Australian writer named Garry Disher, who created a rough Parker-like series character? (TL: you're hilarious!)"

I've read all five of Disher's Wyatt books. They are quite good. If you like the Parker books, you will definitely like these. (You might also like Max Allan Collins's Nolan series.)

I've been curious about Disher's later cop novel Dragon Man. Anyone read that? Is it good? Is it a standalone or he first in a new series?

And didn't he write literary and kids' fiction before the Wyatt books?

Mark