RARA-AVIS: Re: raccoons

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 07 Nov 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "capnbob@..." <capnbob@...> wrote:

> The idea that raccoons are clean because they wash their food is
erroneous. They have very small
> throats and wet their food to help them swallow.
>
> Please, everyone, when you respond to a post don't rerun the
entire thing. My scrolling hand is
> starting to cramp.
>
> Cap'n Bob

"Clean" is relative. Having smelled both close up, raccoons are certainly cleaner than possums. But thanks for the observation. I've also eaten both and while the raccoon is somewhat preferred over the possum, neither are very tasty.

I thought the raccoon posts were all relatively short and unlikely to tire out your scolling hand. I do agree that it is obnoxious to have a two line comment accompanied by a lengthy repeat. It is rarely necessary. I've also gotten a vector on which posts can be deleted unread without great loss.

Richard Moore