Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler's The Lady in the Lake

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2007

Whatever you do, don't watch the movie adaptation. It's the worst Chandler adaptation ever, and it's shot entirely in the first person-the only time you see the detective is when he looks in the mirror, and he's not a detective he's a writer and there's a love story, and it's set at Christmas. In short, Hollywood did everything possible to ruin one of Chandler's best works.