Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The definition of literature

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 06 Nov 2007

Many publishers are trying to use POD (and similar technologies) to keep from returning authors' works to them when they are, basically, out of print. It is NOT advantageous to the author to allow such shenanigans. Check your contracts closely, brothers and sisters, or prepare to one day hold your ankles and suffer.

----- Original Message ----- From: Allan Guthrie To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: 11/4/2007 4:58:50 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The definition of literature

POD is still a very expensive way to publish, Brian. Given the enormous discounts demanded by retailers these days, it's still not cost effective for most fiction. But an academic press like OUP, for instance, who publish a lot of titles with high cover prices, provide literally thousands of titles using POD technology (and have done so for years).

And, yes, I know, I'm being irrelevant and non-productive again.

Al

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Lindenmuth" < blindenmuth@gmail.com>