Re: RARA-AVIS: Tie-ins

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 05 Nov 2007

Gil Brewer wrote three "It Takes a Thief" novels but not any of the novels from the "The Man From Uncle" that I know about. I've not read any of them so I can't comment on their quality.

Good Brewer could be quite good but the Thief novels never drew me in--especially since I still have more appealing Brewer novels still unread.

I am intrigued by the Ironside novel (which I have) by Jim Thompson as I've read interesting commentary about it. But so far that interest level has not reached critical mass. I've read many of Thompson's novels and while some are much better than others, all have their interesting moments. I'll get around to Ironside one of these days.

Richard Moore