Re: RARA-AVIS: The definition of classics

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Nov 2007

--- jacquesdebierue < jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, William Ahearn
> <williamahearn@...>
> wrote:
> <<They wrote genre that sometimes contained depth.
> But that was
> never their intent.>>
>
> Not a good idea to judge artists based on their
> intentions... By the
> way, what is "depth"?

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I thought I was posting to a mail group and not testifying before a senate subcommittee. As far as I'm concerned, the above is side-stepping the obvious on what would be technicalities if they in fact were. Should the above be applied to all posts, we wouldn't get very far. So, I think my intention and depth was obvious.

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>